VirtualIron.com | Join | Contact Us

Blog

Welcome to the Virtual Iron Forums!
Here you'll find information to help you get the maximum value from your Virtual Iron software.

Community
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Feature Matrix Comparison between VI, XenSource and VMWare
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/05/2007 07:18 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/05/2007 07:18 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

agcastle
New User

Hi, We wanted to jump into the server consolidation bandwagon but still have not come up with a decision as to which product to use. I have shortlisted three competing products - Virtualiron, XenEnterprise and VMware ESX and also read the forums, datasheets and whitepapers and learned that, for example, there are certain features which are still not supported in Virtualiron like the Virtual Switch. No disrespect but we all know that VMware is the market leader and their ESX is a mature product (obviously, it comes with a hefty price tag) so from that respect, it would be a big help if someone can provide a feature matrix comparison between the three. I have questions like- what are the features and functionalities that are not in VI and are in ESX? How critical is it to the operation and management of the server? I know this a VI forum so my apologies for posting a message that mention the names of your competitors. Regards, Archie from Oman
Statistics
222 users are registered to the Community forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Standard Edition - © 1999-2007 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright © 2003-2007 Virtual Iron Software, Inc. | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Site Map