VirtualIron.com | Join | Contact Us

Blog

Welcome to the Virtual Iron Forums!
Here you'll find information to help you get the maximum value from your Virtual Iron software.

Community
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Problem with ISO-Image
Topic Summary: can't install from own ISO-Image
Created On: 03/15/2007 10:16 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/15/2007 10:16 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

yoss
New User

Hi all, i installed vi 3.5 ss on a Optiplex 745. The DVD-ROM drive wasn't detetced, maybe because its SATA. To install an virtual server i created an image of an OpenSuse 10.2 DVD. I copied this file to the vi-server and tried to use it as the boot device. But i get an error message, if i start the server: Error: org.myoodb.exception.InternalException: Caught during acquire container: java.io.EOFException at org.myoodb.core.AbstractTransaction.acquireContainer(AbstractTransaction.java:287) at org.myoodb.core.AbstractTransaction.invokeMethod(AbstractTransaction.java:845) at org.myoodb.core.Database.invokeMethod(Database.java:337) at com.virtualiron.vce.mgmt.api.statistics.TimeSeriesDbProxy.tail(TimeSeriesDbProxy.java:43) at com.virtualiron.vce.mgmt.rules.RulesEngine.invokeMethod(RulesEngine.java:196) at com.virtualiron.vce.mgmt.rules.RulesEngine.preProcess(RulesEngine.java:333) at com.virtualiron.vce.mgmt.license.LicenseEngine.preValidate(LicenseEngine.java:612) at org.myoodb.core.AbstractObjectContainer.invokeTarget(AbstractObjectContainer.java:420) at org.myoodb.core.AbstractTransaction.invokeMethod(AbstractTransaction.java:849) at org.myoodb.core.command.InvokeMethodCommand.process(InvokeMethodCommand.java:97) at org.myoodb.core.AbstractTransaction.processCommand(AbstractTransaction.java:407) at org.myoodb.core.TransactionManager.processCommand(TransactionManager.java:60) at org.myoodb.core.TransactionManager.processCommand(TransactionManager.java:413) at org.myoodb.core.WorkManager.processWork(WorkManager.java:251) at org.myoodb.core.AbstractClient.run(AbstractClient.java:49) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Caused by: java.io.EOFException at Any suggestions? with kind regards yoss
 03/15/2007 11:54 AM

cbarclay
Fellow

Thanks for trying Virtual Iron. Although the Optiplex 745 is not on our HCL, we would like to help you get it to work. Some questions: did you set up the DVD ISO as an NBD boot device? Is your virtual disk on a local drive or a SAN/iSCSI drive? Can you add the vdisk to another virtual server, such as the DSL ISO that is provided in the package? If you don't mind, please contact support and we'll work directly with you.

Edited: 03/15/2007 at 12:08 PM by cbarclay
 03/16/2007 05:06 AM

yoss
New User

Hi cbarclay, thanks for your help. I contacted the support.
Statistics
222 users are registered to the Community forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Standard Edition - © 1999-2007 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright © 2003-2007 Virtual Iron Software, Inc. | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Site Map