VirtualIron.com | Join | Contact Us

Blog

Welcome to the Virtual Iron Forums!
Here you'll find information to help you get the maximum value from your Virtual Iron software.

Community
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Suggestions: Add Local Disks tab per Physical Node in the Virtualization Manager and more
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/14/2007 07:05 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/14/2007 07:05 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Liang
New User

Hi,

I would think it will be nice to add a "Local Disks" tab per physical node in the Resource Center. Currently all disks (local or SAN) are listed per VDC that will make it messy. If I have many nodes and each node has many disks attached to the HBA, it would not be clear to identify the structure of disks (SAN, Local etc.).

Suggestion 1:
It will be more clear to see local disks from the physcial node point of view.

Suggestion 2:
It is not easy to identify if I have several same SATA hard disk drives attached locally to one node. It seems VI uses the manufacture string to identify them (too long and not easy to remember). If I can rename it like I did to VS or VD, it will be nice.

Regards,

Liang

02/14/2007 10:33 PM

cbarclay
Fellow

Thank you very much for the feedback! We appreciate all usability suggestions.
 02/15/2007 03:47 PM

Liang
New User

Currently each LVG is mapped to a fixed physcial drive. If I add a drive, I have to create another LVG.

Is it possible to modify LVG (in the future release) so we can add/delete physical drives to/from existing LVG?

Liang
 02/15/2007 04:04 PM

cbarclay
Fellow

Thanks for the suggestion. This is something we're considering for a future release.
 02/21/2007 09:40 AM

Chapindad
New User

You can rename the disks within the Manager. I have several SAN Disks attached to each node and I would be very confused if I didn't rename them so I could keep track.
Statistics
222 users are registered to the Community forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Standard Edition - © 1999-2007 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright © 2003-2007 Virtual Iron Software, Inc. | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Site Map