VirtualIron.com | Join | Contact Us

Blog

Welcome to the Virtual Iron Forums!
Here you'll find information to help you get the maximum value from your Virtual Iron software.

Community
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Why does not VI support static IP address?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/05/2007 06:05 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/05/2007 06:05 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Liang
New User

Hi,

I can not use dedicate mode as my Server board does not support PXE. My virtualized node has two NIC, eth0 is connected to intranet (DHCP) and eth1 is connected to subnet which is reserved for VI (I want to use static IP address). The VI manager also has two ethernet port (eth0 is connected to intranet with DHCP and eth1 is reserved for VI using static IP address). Both eth1 of VT node and Manager are connected to the same LAN switch.

Does this mean I have to use VI as the DHCP server? How can I make VI work with static IP address? Do I have to use VI manager as the DHCP server?

Thanks,

Liang

Edited: 02/05/2007 at 06:24 PM by Liang
 02/06/2007 01:32 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Chapindad
New User

Let me see if I can get this worked out for you. First I found that you need to have the VI Network and the Public Network on two separate switches or VLANs. VI does not work very well otherwise. On the VI network you need to allow the VI Manager to do DHCP, which is asked during the install. There is no real need to do static IP Addresses and would be just another thing to keep up with. If you do not have PXE then boot from a CD. It is provided for you on the management server. Later

Edited: 02/06/2007 at 01:33 PM by Chapindad
Statistics
222 users are registered to the Community forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Standard Edition - © 1999-2007 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright © 2003-2007 Virtual Iron Software, Inc. | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Site Map