VirtualIron.com | Join | Contact Us

Blog

Welcome to the Virtual Iron Forums!
Here you'll find information to help you get the maximum value from your Virtual Iron software.

Community
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: W2k3 on non-C drive of the management server?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/30/2007 09:29 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/30/2007 09:29 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

hnorris
New User

I tried to install VI today for demo purposes, and had problems getting it to work.  I could see the management page once, but loading the applet failed, and then the web service seemed to die.  My attempts to restart the service failed as well, hanging while attempting to stop.  Server reboots produced the same behavior every time.

I assume this must be unusual, since I see no other questions about it.  The only unusual aspect of my configuration that I can see is that my management server is booted from a non-C drive.  Is that a problem?  It might be, for example, if there is a hard-coded reference to the C drive in the service.  It isn't a show-stopper if that is the case - I could blow away the existing C drive and reinstall everything there if I have to - but I'd rather not if there is some other explanation.
 01/30/2007 09:36 PM

cbarclay
Fellow

It would probably be easier if we spoke with you directly to diagnose the problem. Would you mind creating a free support incident?
 02/02/2007 12:38 AM

hnorris
New User

Thank you, but it turns out that I didn't need it.  The problem appeared to be that the date on my management server was off by about a week, and your license manager objected that my trial license wasn't valid yet.  When I was using a separate management network, VI died before it had a chance to complain; but when I switched to a purely public network, it managed to gasp out a message.  Once I fixed the date, I could put the management network back on, and everything went smoothly enough from there.  Thanks again for the offer, though!
Statistics
222 users are registered to the Community forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Standard Edition - © 1999-2007 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright © 2003-2007 Virtual Iron Software, Inc. | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Site Map