VirtualIron.com | Join | Contact Us

Blog

Welcome to the Virtual Iron Forums!
Here you'll find information to help you get the maximum value from your Virtual Iron software.

Community
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Several problems while evaluating VI 3.1
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/26/2007 05:00 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/26/2007 05:00 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

cp
New User

Hi, I have setup a shared network environment for testing VI 3.1. I'm using a Fujitsu Primergy RX300S3 as managed node. (I know that this isn't amongst the officially supported servers, but it's a major vendor - at least in europe - and perhaps you want to support it in the next release...) Issues so far: - After the virtualization manager had discovered the node and the node was rebooted while the virtualization manager was still running, the node was displayed with status "offline", which couldn't be fixed using the "rediscover" funtion. The only solution I found to solve this was to delete the node and discover it again. Afterwards it was displayed with status "running". - Though I had successfully added the node to a VDC, the node doesn't show up in this VDCs "Nodes" tab. - The nodes IPMI controller is discovered with correct MAC address and IP, but commands like "Identify", "Start", "Stop" etc. do not work. - The two local disks of the node show up as two single disks though they are configured as one RAID 1 device in the servers Bios. XenEnterprise - for example - detects it correctly as a RAID 1. (The server is equipped with a LSI1068 controller chip) - I managed to create a LVG and a LV. I tried to create a vdisk, but after comitting the job it failed immediately (status: "failed"). But the in the Jobs tab of the virtualization manager its displayed with status "in progress". So what's rigth? (I have no idea why this job failed.) There are several more smaller glitches which I don't want to report now. Conclusion: I'm far from being able to create a single virtual machine, and the virtualization manager application feels like in early beta stage (running on a dual Xeon/2.4 GHz Windows Server 2003). Any recommendations or do I have to wait for a release which supports Fujitsu Primergy servers? (We will definitely not use other brands.) Regards Christoph
 01/26/2007 08:22 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

cbarclay
Fellow

Thanks for the feedback. Since you're working with a server that is not on our HCL, it would be easiest to interact directly with you. Please register for our free support incident and add an issue. Thanks.
Statistics
222 users are registered to the Community forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Standard Edition - © 1999-2007 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright © 2003-2007 Virtual Iron Software, Inc. | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Site Map