VirtualIron.com | Join | Contact Us

Blog

Welcome to the Virtual Iron Forums!
Here you'll find information to help you get the maximum value from your Virtual Iron software.

Community
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: problem obtaining dhcp address when booting from cd
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/29/2007 06:16 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/29/2007 06:16 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

jodys
New User

When I use VLANs on my 2950 switch to create a separate management network, I'm able to boot from PXE with no problems. However, when I configure everything to run off of a shared network, I'm unable to obtain a dhcp address for some reason. When I attempt to run in a shared network config, I have the machine plugged in directly to an unmanaged switch in my office which connects several other test machines that have no difficulty obtaining IPs. This is also the switch that the cisco plugged in to for testing the managed network installation option as well.

I'm trying to get this running on a new PowerEdge 2950. So i can get it running in a managed network configuration, but not a shared network configuration. For various reasons, I want it running on a shared config from the cd-rom image and not PXE booting off of another computer.

any ideas?

Edited: 01/29/2007 at 06:17 PM by jodys
 01/29/2007 07:30 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

cbarclay
Fellow

It would probably be easier if we spoke with you directly to diagnose the problem. Would you mind creating a free support incident?
Statistics
222 users are registered to the Community forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Standard Edition - © 1999-2007 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright © 2003-2007 Virtual Iron Software, Inc. | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Site Map