VirtualIron.com | Join | Contact Us

Blog

Welcome to the Virtual Iron Forums!
Here you'll find information to help you get the maximum value from your Virtual Iron software.

Community
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Install Fails on Vista Premium 64-bit
Topic Summary: Installation failed on Windows Vista Home Premium
Created On: 02/19/2007 10:18 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/19/2007 10:18 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

grhansen
New User

I tried installing the software on my Vista Home Premium 64-bit OS, and although it says it installed successfully, I have no icons in the start menu, no registered services, nothing. And after doing some more reading, I don't think this is what I'm looking for. I'd like to just uninstall the application, but I don't have icons for that either. Can you please direct me on how to uninstall ? Thanks. Greg
 02/20/2007 02:13 AM

cbarclay
Fellow

It would probably be easier if we spoke with you directly to diagnose the problem. Would you mind creating a free support incident?
 02/23/2007 10:05 PM

rdhickman
New User

For the record, the install also 'fails' as described above in the exact same manner on Windows 2000, however copying an install from a Windows XP system makes it work. To grhansen: I don't think the program registers in add/remove hardware due to the fact it doesn't install 2/3 of the files. You may just be able to delete the folder. If it still shows up in the add/remove hardware list afterwards, there's freeware utils for clearing the list out if you need.
 03/02/2007 01:36 PM

cbarclay
Fellow

Virtual Iron does not yet support Windows 2000 or Windows Vista. For a complete list of supported operating systems, click here.
Statistics
222 users are registered to the Community forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Standard Edition - © 1999-2007 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright © 2003-2007 Virtual Iron Software, Inc. | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Site Map